Adjunct Pool for Professor of Counseling, English as a Second Language
Posting Number: 070
Department: English as a Second Language (ESL)
Employee Classification: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: $52.41 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent (Counselors are placed on salary schedule)
Open Date: 06/04/2021
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled Yes
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; the position will be posted until 11:59 p.m. (PST) December 12, 2021.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter indicating how duties and responsibilities, required qualifications and preferred qualifications are met.
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide comprehensive counseling services to a culturally diverse noncredit ESL student population, including academic, career and personal counseling
2. Assist in planning, developing, documenting and executing specific services, programs and activities pertaining to the Noncredit Student Success and Support Program Plan (SSSP)
3. Implement activities relating to the Student Equity Plan for noncredit disproportionately impacted ESL students
4. Counsel noncredit ESL students in education planning, including assisting them in identifying and clarifying their educational and career goals
5. Conduct new student orientations
6. Provide input on materials including new student handbooks and student newsletters that support student progress and success
7. Teach noncredit counseling courses and facilitate workshops
8. Counsel low-performing students, identify barriers, and make referrals to appropriate interventions.
9. Attend department, committee, and division meetings; serve on college committees
10. Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs
11. Participate actively and demonstrate leadership in professional and co-curricular activities
12. Use and keep abreast of advanced counseling methods and advising strategies relevant to noncredit ESL students, including the use of current and future technologies
13. Participate in curriculum development, adult education regional and statewide advocacy, learning outcome development and assessments
14. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities, college policies, division policies and department policies
15. Maintain scheduled office and campus hours
16. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Masters in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy or marriage, family and child counseling, OR
2. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions); OR
3. California Community College credential, Valid for Life (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential).
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to them about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
For more details about this position, please contact:
Dept. Chair: Jody Fernando
Title of Contact Person: Director, English Language Learners
Phone: (909) 274-4668
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration and/or performance test.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Confidential Letters of Recommendation are NOT allowed for this position.
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225.
Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8548
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency